Monday, November 12, 2007

Want to be like Elijah!

I do want to pass along another quote I found. I thought it fell into the Proverbs 25:11 category. "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
I love the "Streams in the Desert" book that mom gave me a couple years ago. As per usual with all my books this one has many things underlined. The past few pages of it has been on prayer. Doing it more, deeper... then yesterday this was part of the reading....

"We cannot create the wind or set it in motion, but we can set our sails to catch it when it comes; we cannot make the electricity, but we can stretch the wire along upon which it is to run and do its work; we cannot, in a word, control the Spirit, but we can so place ourselves before the Lord, and so do the things He has bidden us do, that we will come under the influence and power of His mighty breath.

Now here's my favourite part...

"Cannot the same wonders be done now as of old? Where is the God of Elijah?
He is waiting for Elijah to call on Him."

That makes me excited and sad all at the same time. What have I missed on the journey so far because I haven't taken more time to talk to the Lord? And it's exciting because my journey isn't over yet and you just never know what may be in store when I get on my knees.

No comments: