Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm not ignoring you :)

I keep forgetting to mention to anyone who cares that my computer is acting up. For some reason it won't let me leave comments anywhere, including my own blog. Slightly annoying. :( In fact I am not able to scroll down to read comments that might be left there for me. Not sure what the problem is and not patient enough to figure it out.
Hey Laurie, I really hope that you are feeling better! :( That cutie little baby will be here before you know it! :) We are reading Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. It is a total tongue twister for me and if I'm tired it just gets worse. The kids don't seem to mind, though the eldest is the only one who understands any of it. I think they would be happy if I read the dictionary, just as long as I was reading to them. :) I've had to skip a few things. It's had a few choice words and a little mature subject matter dealing with violence that I've skipped, but just short bits and pieces. You may not have a problem with it though. I think I'll skip the Prince and the Pauper for a bit if it is old english. My brain needs a break. :)
As for the comments ladies, I am reading the usual blogs and enjoying them all. I'm just not able to say hello to you there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you will read this comment...I saw that there was a movie of Kidnapped on tv, based on the book. Anyway, I watched about 10 minutes of it and heard some language. It surprised me, but I am glad you gave me the heads up. I hate trying to edit while I am reaing out loud. I sound very disjointed. I think I will wait a few years. So far so good on The Prince And The Pauper.

Shannon said...

Wow, it's letting me leave a comment!! Well Lori, maybe I will check out that book for the kids next. We'll be done Kidnapped in a week or so if my brain makes it and then we can start a new one. Maybe I'll just go with a good ol standby and read Old Yeller instead. :)

Seven said...

we have the prince and the pauper, just read it a few weeks ago. you might find it a difficult read, though. jon almost gave up a few times.