Saturday, October 20, 2007

Results of building Rome in a day.

I didn't do too bad. I always want to get more accomplished than I actually see completed at the end of the day, but here is my list of what I can remember doing in my 12 hours today:
Sweep & tidy sunporch
Rearrange kitchen
Move dishes & appliances into their new home :)
Fed my chillins breakfast, lunch, & supper
Dusted
Vacuumed
Washed a wall
Cleaned bathroom
4 loads of laundry washed, dried, put away
Washed and set out winter gloves n' such
Read to my youngest
Did a puzzle with my youngest
Watered my plants
Moved dress up clothes to their new bin
Tidied & swept upstairs
Moved school books & supplies to their new home
Picked out everyone's church clothes & ironed them
Read a BRF post (thanks Barb!)
Bathed children before bed
Had a visit with Grampie & Grammie
Read a chapter of 'Kidnapped' to the children
Made hubby's lunch for work tomorrow
And thankfully last night I worked out the lesson plan for each of the children's schooling next week and I don't have to do that now.

Maybe that's a normal day for you but it's more than has been done here all in one day since mid-September. I love seeing things get done. But now it's time to chillax and say hello to hubby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kidnapped...Is that Robert Louis Stevenson? (Sp?) We have that, but I haven't read it to the kids yet. Is it good?

We are doing The Prince and the Pauper right now, and as used to my King James Bible as I am, my tongue is getting a real workout. Keep posting. I need reading material. I am so restless with my pregnancy plus not much energy to go along with that. Bad combination.

Anonymous said...

I meant to also say, impressive list! It feels so good to get so much done. It makes you feel accomplished as a homemaker and like you are doing what you are supposed to do. You know what I mean. I'm not good with words. Hope you get what my muddled brain is trying to say.

Anonymous said...

Shannon I just read your post and I am TOTALLY EXHAUSTED just reading it. I haven't been able to accomplish that much in a long,long time, if ever! Great job, you deserve to rest now and also have a good night's sleep:)

Anonymous said...

Wow...that was quite a list! I can assure you, that is NOT a normal day's list for me. At all. :)

I'm impressed!!