Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So long apple buckets & bins!

We will no longer be taking the morning trek to the apple orchards this year. It's officially over, not becuase of a lack of apples to pick but because at some point homeschooling children need to be be homeschooled. Mother also need to catch up on laundry piles and the usual chaos in her home.

We really have had a good run in the orchards this season though. We were able to do a bit better than last year and it was great to see the improvement in how the children worked themselves from one year to the next. I am looking forward to the day when my children are self motivated teens excited about another chance at some good honest work, with that good ol' honest pay of course. :) We have a ways to go since mommy was harping on them constantly that our boss doesn't pay us to chase mice and watch geese fly over his orchard, or climb his trees or rest in their shade!

Anyway, in the past couple of weeks it has been hard to 'keep house' and school has had to take a back seat to bigger and better things. But now those bigger and better things are at an end and I AM SO EXCITED TO GET UP TOMORROW AND HAVE A DAY AT HOME! What is even more exciting is that my house is almost in a state of order now. My mom showed up while my children were eating their supper at 7pm (that's what kind of a day it was) and saw the mess and immediatley took to the dishes, and sweeping, and folding laundry and I know not what. I bathed children and vacuumed and by the time she left and hour later my house was looking so much better. And as it usually does, my mind was clearing just as fast as the mess was dealt with by mom.

So now it's off to bed for this gal. I'll be reading 2 Peter before my light goes out and I hope all you BRF ladies have read it today as well. :)

I'll leave you with a picture of something I will not be seeing until September next year. :) :) It's the view from the part of the orchard where we first started picking a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I would love to have mom show up here sometime :) She'd probably croak if she saw the disaster zones that fill every little corner in this place. I keep working, but it doesn't look any different at the end of the day. How does that happen?!