Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Another good quote.

I read this quote last night and loved it. (Not sure who to give credit to for it though.) I have been reminded lately by everything I read and hear that we just don't live like God is God. We should be shaking in our boots each day, praying that we live the way God wants us to. He has struck men dead and brought down whole nations for smaller sins than I have committed. I have a much higher goal each day than just continuing my own comfort & happiness. There is a holy God behind the visible that wants me to "Give all He asks: take all He promises."
Strive to be one of those - so few - who walk the earth with ever-present consciousness - all mornings, middays, star-times - that the unknown which men call heaven is "close behind the visible scene of things."
So I'll try to live today for the invisible. :)

No comments: