Friday, January 4, 2008

Book Review Friday: Exodus

First things first, we'll read Philemon every day until next Friday. It's very very short so maybe we could even read it a couple times a day. :) I was kind of shocked to look at my list and find out we haven't done this book yet.

We have a sick little boy in the house and it's taken me this long to get to the computer. And even then many breaks in between typing to get a glass of water help the little guy in the bathroom and tuck blankets around him. But here we go with Exodus. :)

My, it's good to be back. Book review Friday is good for me. But as you will see in my review I really don't have very much to say. But I caught up with ya'll and read the whole thing.
I'm jealous of Moses. "So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend." 33:11 "Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai,... that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him." 34:29 Someday I'll get to speak with God face to face too. Meanwhile I'll be reading and praying and getting closer to him that people will see the glory of the Lord shining through in my life.
I loved how the book of Exodus ended. There were a lot of mistakes and sin throughout the whole story but it ends with the glory of the Lord filling and surrounding them. "Then the cloud covered the tabernacle of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle." 40:34 " Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys." 40:36 There was no doubting that God was ever present for the Israelites now. They had showed that this is exactly what they needed, just as a toddler needs to have their mommy with them 24/7 for teaching, training & discipline. They also knew exactly when to be moving along. Clear concise direction from the Lord and a constant reminder of His presence, care, and also judgement if they did not heed his voice. I have often wished for such readable signs to be put in place for me.
Exodus was good, I wish I had been more diligent. I will be looking forward to some reviews showing up on Mr.Linky as the day passes.

If you don't know what Book Review Friday is just check out the info on my sidebar and feel free to jump in wherever we are! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was that toddler line a hint for me?

I'm looking forward to Philemon... I'm surprised you haven't done it yet either.

Until next week!