Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book Review Friday: Nehemiah 1-6

First things first, we'll move on to read Nehemiah 7- 10 until next Friday. So do your best to read chapters 7- 10 every single day, and more if you get the chance.

I have a new Bible hero!!! I want to have another son and name him Nehemiah. The first time I read these first chapters of the book I fell in love with it. It was a 'Mister Man' kind of thing. I can't even put my finger on one particular thing that was so awesome. It was all just so good. It made me want to tell people on the street corners about our awesome God. It made me want to start living my life in Christ with renewed vigor. I wanted to build me a stone wall! Mister man, what can I rebuild???!

bstone wall rebuilt. There is also a need for us as a body of Christ to gather together and get serious about rebuilding God's place in our lives. We have work to do. Do we have a mind to work??

These people, the Israelites, took such a difficult, labour intensive task and gave it their all. They had a lot on their plates and watched as God worked through circumstances to provide, protect, and give strength. I loved how many times Nehemiah called on his great and awesome God. I believe Nehemiah believed in his God the same way Daniel did. They knew God was in control. They knew what they had to do and that it had to be done whether it was dangerous or not.

Yes, after this weeks reading I wanted to charge hell with a squirt gun. Mercy! BRING IT ON!!! Go Nehemiah go! I can't wait to see what else is in store in this great book.

Due to busy days, Awana, homeschool outing in the morning, company coming for lunch and so much more, I only have time to write this short and not very deep review. It is Thursday night as I write this and I know I will not have time for writing tomorrow. I look forward to seeing names pile in on Mr.Linky.

If you don't have a clue why I'm writing a book review on Nehemiah but want in on the action please check out my sidebar and you'll catch up on all the latest BRF news. We are a small group, but oh-so-cool.:)

2 comments:

Seven said...

I thought we were doing the whole book and was sorry I was behind, only getting to chapter 9. I guess I'm ahead of the game for once.

Shannon said...

Just to let you all know, I just have to write another review. It may be tonight, it may be tomorrow morning. I'm not reading anyone elses review until my second one is done. I can't get it off my brain. So much. So much. :)